Discrete Mathematics Course Notes
These are my notes from Discrete Mathematics by the University of London.
I took it as part of the BSc Computer Science degree from Oct 2022 - March 2023.
The books required:
- Kenneth, H, Rosen. Discrete Mathematics and its Applications. (2012) Global Edition
- David Mackinson, Sets, Logic and Maths for Computing, Springer Verlag. 2012
- Discrete Maths
- The study of discrete objects.
- Discrete objects are different from "connected objects".
- separated and distance from each other
- examples: integer, positions, set, relationships, functions
- Increasingly applied to practical fields of math and science.
- Improves reasoning and problem-solving.
- Course instructor is Dr Lahcen Ouarbya.
- Week 1 - Sets A
- Week 2 - Sets B
- Week 3 - Functions A
- Week 4 - Functions B
- Week 5 - Propositional Logic A
- Week 6 - Propositional Logic B
- Week 7 - Predicate Logic A
- Week 8 - Predicate Logic B
- Week 9 - Boolean Algebra A
- Week 10 - Boolean Algebra B
- Mid-Term Assessment
- Week 11 - Mathematical Induction A
- Week 12 - Recursion B
- Week 13 - Graphs A
- Week 14 - Graphs B
- Week 15 - Trees A
- Week 16 - Trees B
- Week 17 - Relations A
- Week 18 - Relations B
- Week 19 - Combinatorics A
- Week 20 - Combinatorics B
- Final Exam